Barry's Genealogy Diary

This online genealogical diary is hosted by Barry T. Self. It is primarily for information pertaining to the SELF surname, more particularly for descendants of John J. and Lydia Avaline Waters Self, who were married in Union County, GA in 1851. Barry Self is the SELF proclaimed family genealogist and historian, having spent over 20 years researching this Self line. This diary is dedicated to preserving and sharing the findings of his research.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madisonville, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful and sweet wife, Svitlana, who is from Ukraine and we have a beautiful daughter, Lydia Elizabeth. I have worked in the funeral business since 1988 and thoroughly enjoy researching my family roots.

Friday, January 05, 2007

PICTURES GALLERY FOR "MOUNTAIN MEMORIES"



Beginning today, I will be posting pictures at least weekly that go with the stories Mildred Miller Thomas told about in her writings "Mountain Memories". I thought this would make the stories seem more real to the reader. I certainly do not intend to try to add anything to what Mildred did for us by sharing these wonderful stories, but if you are like me, you probably like a few pictures to go along with a good story. The pictures I will be posting come from a collection of family photographs I have been working on collecting for many years. I hope you enjoy them.

I will begin by posting a couple pictures of Mark and Mattie Self and their family. Mildred referred to them as Uncle Mark and Aunt Matt on page 5 of her writings. The first is a picture of Mark and Mattie when they were older. The second picture is of Mark and Mattie with some of their children.