Barry's Genealogy Diary

This online genealogical diary is hosted by Barry T. Self. It is primarily for information pertaining to the SELF surname, more particularly for descendants of John J. and Lydia Avaline Waters Self, who were married in Union County, GA in 1851. Barry Self is the SELF proclaimed family genealogist and historian, having spent over 20 years researching this Self line. This diary is dedicated to preserving and sharing the findings of his research.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madisonville, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful and sweet wife, Svitlana, who is from Ukraine and we have a beautiful daughter, Lydia Elizabeth. I have worked in the funeral business since 1988 and thoroughly enjoy researching my family roots.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

WASHINGTON STATE COUSIN TO ATTEND REUNION

Recently I heard from cousin Daisy Hawk Murray, of the state of Washington ,that she is planning to attend the Self Family Reunion being held on Saturday September 17, 2005 at Camp Tipton in Maryville, Tennessee. I predict she will win the award for "who traveled the farthest" hands down.

Daisy is the daughter of Arkie Self Hawk and Roy Hawk and the granddaughter of Lewis Self and Cora Jackson Self. This would make her my second cousin twice removed.

I met Daisy online a few months ago, but we have not ever met in person. It will be nice to put a face with the name when she comes for the reunion. I look forward to having her join the rest of us as we meet to celebrate our heritage and one another.