Barry's Genealogy Diary

This online genealogical diary is hosted by Barry T. Self. It is primarily for information pertaining to the SELF surname, more particularly for descendants of John J. and Lydia Avaline Waters Self, who were married in Union County, GA in 1851. Barry Self is the SELF proclaimed family genealogist and historian, having spent over 20 years researching this Self line. This diary is dedicated to preserving and sharing the findings of his research.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madisonville, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful and sweet wife, Svitlana, who is from Ukraine and we have a beautiful daughter, Lydia Elizabeth. I have worked in the funeral business since 1988 and thoroughly enjoy researching my family roots.

Friday, September 05, 2008

SELF FAMILY REUNION TWO WEEKS AWAY

My cousin, Avis Severt, emailed me today asking about the upcoming annual Self Reunion. It reminded me that I needed to add a personal invitition on the blog to each one of you to come.

The reunion will be Saturday, September 20, 2008 at the Friendship Baptist Church in Maryville, Tennessee. The church is on Niles Ferry Road, south of Maryville. It is actually close to where we usually have the reunions at Camp Tipton Park. The church is off Hwy. 129 which most of us have to travel to get to Camp Tipton Park. If anyone needs more detailed directions please contact me at biereleyhalefh@compfxnet.com or by telephone at Ph. 423-420-9253. I want us to have a big crowd this year. Please try to come! I can't wait to see you there.

Barry Self