Barry's Genealogy Diary

This online genealogical diary is hosted by Barry T. Self. It is primarily for information pertaining to the SELF surname, more particularly for descendants of John J. and Lydia Avaline Waters Self, who were married in Union County, GA in 1851. Barry Self is the SELF proclaimed family genealogist and historian, having spent over 20 years researching this Self line. This diary is dedicated to preserving and sharing the findings of his research.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madisonville, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful and sweet wife, Svitlana, who is from Ukraine and we have a beautiful daughter, Lydia Elizabeth. I have worked in the funeral business since 1988 and thoroughly enjoy researching my family roots.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"FAMILY TREES" A Poem

" I Think that I shall never see
The finish of a Family Tree,
As it forever seems to grow
from roots that started very low;
'way back in ancient history times,
In foreign Lands and distant climes.
From them grew trunk and branching limb,
that dated back to time so dim,
One seldom knows exactly when
The parents met and married then.
Nor when the twigs began to grow
with odd named children, row on row.
'Though a verse like this is made by me,
And the end's in sight as you can see,
'Tis not the same with Family trees
That grow and grow through centuries."

Author Unknown