Barry's Genealogy Diary

This online genealogical diary is hosted by Barry T. Self. It is primarily for information pertaining to the SELF surname, more particularly for descendants of John J. and Lydia Avaline Waters Self, who were married in Union County, GA in 1851. Barry Self is the SELF proclaimed family genealogist and historian, having spent over 20 years researching this Self line. This diary is dedicated to preserving and sharing the findings of his research.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madisonville, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful and sweet wife, Svitlana, who is from Ukraine and we have a beautiful daughter, Lydia Elizabeth. I have worked in the funeral business since 1988 and thoroughly enjoy researching my family roots.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

LET ME MAKE A SUGGESTION

I would like to suggest if you read something on this site that you want to keep or remember that you copy it off onto paper. You can do what I am going to do. Copy it off onto paper and start yourself a notebook of information from this site. You can use a three-ring binder, folder or any other type of notebook you wish to keep up with the stories you read here. There is a reason I suggest this. The stories you see here will not always be here. I will delete some of them from time to time. I will also delete some of the pictures. If you start copying them off to paper, you will have a permanent record of what you see and read about your Self family on this site. In a little while, you will have your very own Self Family "history book" , because that is excactly what this site is... Self history. It' s kinda like cutting clippings out of the newspaper.