Barry's Genealogy Diary

This online genealogical diary is hosted by Barry T. Self. It is primarily for information pertaining to the SELF surname, more particularly for descendants of John J. and Lydia Avaline Waters Self, who were married in Union County, GA in 1851. Barry Self is the SELF proclaimed family genealogist and historian, having spent over 20 years researching this Self line. This diary is dedicated to preserving and sharing the findings of his research.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madisonville, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful and sweet wife, Svitlana, who is from Ukraine and we have a beautiful daughter, Lydia Elizabeth. I have worked in the funeral business since 1988 and thoroughly enjoy researching my family roots.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SELF 2006 REUNION WAS A BLAST...SO I HEARD

The Self 2006 Reunion was held in Plano, Texas on April 20-23, 2006. It was the 9th annual Self/Selfe/ Selph Reunion. I was not able to attend but I heard it was really great. The reunion was held at the Holiday Inn Plano East in Plano, Texas. This year Daniel McCarthy was honored and remembered again. He was the founder of the Self Family Newsletter. Mr. McCarthy is now deceased. Speakers for the reunion were Cheryl Smith, from the Gladys Harrington Library Genealogy Collection, David Self of VA, who presented a lecture on Self westward emigration, Corey Reynolds of South Carolina and Bob Self of California, who spoke on research he and his nephew have been uncovering in England. David Self has e-mailed me some slides of the information he presented and I will try to get some of it uploaded to this site for all of you to enjoy as soon as I can . I appreciate David's hard work and dedication to Self Family research.