Barry's Genealogy Diary

This online genealogical diary is hosted by Barry T. Self. It is primarily for information pertaining to the SELF surname, more particularly for descendants of John J. and Lydia Avaline Waters Self, who were married in Union County, GA in 1851. Barry Self is the SELF proclaimed family genealogist and historian, having spent over 20 years researching this Self line. This diary is dedicated to preserving and sharing the findings of his research.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madisonville, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful and sweet wife, Svitlana, who is from Ukraine and we have a beautiful daughter, Lydia Elizabeth. I have worked in the funeral business since 1988 and thoroughly enjoy researching my family roots.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

PICTURE OF MAUDE DOVE SELF RAPIER AND JOE WASH RAPIER


Recently, I was introduced to cousin Rob Rapier of Washington State by cousin Daisy Murray, also of Washington State. Daisy and Rob met online and I am grateful to Daisy for introducing me to Rob. Rob shared a picture of his grandparents, Maude Self Rapier and Joe Wash Rapier, which I am happy to post on this site. Maude Self was the daughter of Lewis Monroe Self and his first wife, Mary Louise Crawford Self. Maude and Joe Rapier were married on July 2, 1919 in Monroe County, Tennessee. Maude was born circa 1899 and is buried in Illinois. I do not have her date of death. Many in the Rapier family now spell their last name Raper.