Barry's Genealogy Diary

This online genealogical diary is hosted by Barry T. Self. It is primarily for information pertaining to the SELF surname, more particularly for descendants of John J. and Lydia Avaline Waters Self, who were married in Union County, GA in 1851. Barry Self is the SELF proclaimed family genealogist and historian, having spent over 20 years researching this Self line. This diary is dedicated to preserving and sharing the findings of his research.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madisonville, Tennessee, United States

I am married to a wonderful and sweet wife, Svitlana, who is from Ukraine and we have a beautiful daughter, Lydia Elizabeth. I have worked in the funeral business since 1988 and thoroughly enjoy researching my family roots.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Reunion Pictures



I am finally getting around to posting a few reunion pictures. There are only a few, since I cannot yet get permission from everyone to post their picture. I have tried unsuccessfully to get permission to post pictures of a few more people, but until I do this will be the only picures posted. Daisy Murray traveled from Washington State to be at the reunion. While she was here she got to see an aunt that she had not seen since she was a small girl. She also got to meet my aunt, Eureva Self. Daisy and Eureva had talked many times on the telephone, but had never met until September 17, when I took Daisy to Eureva's house fo a visit. Daisy also met several cousins at the reunion in Maryville, TN. She is pictured with cousin Calberta Self Best at the top.